[Bitcoin-development] Going to tag 0.9.2 final

Matt Whitlock bip at mattwhitlock.name
Fri Jun 13 20:06:51 UTC 2014

On Friday, 13 June 2014, at 9:24 pm, xor wrote:
> On Friday, June 13, 2014 12:18:37 PM Wladimir wrote:
> > If I do not hear anything, I will do a
> > last-minute language import
>
> High risk projects as Bitcoin should NOT see ANY changes between release
> candidates and releases.
>
> You can cause severe havoc with ANY changes. Humans make mistakes!
> Please do not do such things!

Agreed. Does Bitcoin Core not have a release cycle policy? Typically mission-critical projects will enter a code and resource freeze prior to tagging a release candidate, after which point only critical bugfixes are allowed into the release branch. A language translation update does not qualify as a critical bugfix and should be merged during the next release cycle.