[Bitcoin-development] Going to tag 0.9.2 final

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at bitpay.com
Fri Jun 13 20:12:08 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 3:24 PM, xor <xor at freenetproject.org> wrote:
> On Friday, June 13, 2014 12:18:37 PM Wladimir wrote:
>> If I do not hear anything, I will do a
>> last-minute language import
>
> High risk projects as Bitcoin should NOT see ANY changes between release
> candidates and releases.
>
> You can cause severe havoc with ANY changes. Humans make mistakes!
> Please do not do such things!

As a general principle, I agree.  Other projects have translation
freeze points to address this.  Although it is a small holistic risk,
in theory, someone could maliciously change strings at the last minute
in a language maintainers don't know well.

--
Jeff Garzik
Bitcoin core developer and open source evangelist