[Bitcoin-development] instant confirmation via payment protocol backwards compatible proto buffer extension

Lawrence Nahum lawrence at greenaddress.it
Mon Jun 16 15:26:15 UTC 2014

Daniel Rice <drice <at> greenmangosystems.com> writes:

>  If double spends are not resolved, there will be a million instant
providers in the long run and if double spends are resolved then this BIP
extension is completely unnecessary.

I am not sure if double spends can be resolved, at the moment they are not
and I highly doubt you will see millions instant providers just like I don't
see millions Certificate Authorities and I don't see Million Credit Card
networks.

Any reason you think people will spread trust instead of consolidating of a
bunch of instant transaction providers when time is critical?