[Bitcoin-development] Plans to separate wallet from core

Wladimir laanwj at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 09:44:01 UTC 2014

> But IMO this is a passed stage. SPV wallets w/ Bloom filtering can
> work without any special servers, so why require a 'close binding' to
> a trusted bitcoin core?

To clarify (and not piss off ThomasV :-): I do not think the idea of
having servers with a reputation of their own is a passed stage. There
are many things that cannot be done at SPV level security with just
the P2P protocol yet. So having fewer but more trusted Electrum
servers is a reasonable compromise.

But for basic wallet functionality it isn't necessary.

Wladimir