[Bitcoin-development] Proposed BIP 70 extension

Andreas Schildbach andreas at schildbach.de
Tue Jun 24 15:43:51 UTC 2014

I think it should be made more clear what's the reference price for the
discount. In Germany, we generally don't use credit cards but rather
"EC-Cards", which is already much cheaper. Or maybe for some merchants
the only alternative is cash, and they would still offer a Bitcoin discount.

Also, currently PR are created by the payment processors afaik. How can
they know what other payment option the merchant provides and what's the
conditions? Maybe we should first solve the signature delegation problem
so that the merchant can create the request.

Although I'm sure this feature will get abused, I (as a wallet author)
would be willing to give it a try. I agree with Jeff that the name of
the field should start with something like "marketing".