[Bitcoin-development] Proposed BIP 70 extension

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Tue Jun 24 15:59:27 UTC 2014

> I think it should be made more clear what's the reference price for the
> discount.

That might be useful for merchants that already provide a series of
price-differentiated payment methods, yes. Will think about it.

> Also, currently PR are created by the payment processors afaik. How can
> they know what other payment option the merchant provides and what's the
> conditions?

Currently Coinbase let merchants specify the size of their discount (I
guess in percentage terms, I should ask). So the merchants tell the payment
processor. I don't think this is a worry at the moment.