[Bitcoin-development] Bill Request Message - (another) Proposed BIP 70 extension

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Wed Jun 25 11:23:45 UTC 2014

I'm not convinced this inversion is really a problem, but as this is quite
a complex proposal (e.g. new barcode types) the best way to move it forward
at this stage is to implement it in some existing wallets.

FWIW NFC is a lot more common than you might think. For the drive-thru case
you could also consider using wifi hotspots with a special name or
Bluetooth LE tags. So I suspect before trying to write a specification it'd
be better to explore different technologies and see what works best in
practice.