[Bitcoin-development] instant confirmation via payment protocol backwards compatible proto buffer extension

sebastien requiem sebastien.requiem at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 14:01:31 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 2:09 PM, Lawrence Nahum <lawrence at greenaddress.it>
wrote:

> [snip]
>
> Allow me to recap BIP changes in discussion:
>
> - making some changes to allow merchants to offer discounts in case of
> instant ?
> - allowing multiple signatures ?
>
> Did I miss anything? Thoughts on the above from others?

Jumping on this thread after reading it all. I am in favor of the
discount offered by the merchant.

Ideally the merchant could get the amount of the wallet *fee*
for instant payment (privacy leak?). That way, the merchant
could decide to support the instant payment at 100% (better
user experience after all) or at 50% only or at 0%.

This would encourage instant payment for merchants and buyers without
(re-)creating a non-transparent system.

regards,

--
sebastien requiem - bendingspoons.com