[Bitcoin-development] New side channel attack that can recover Bitcoin keys

Eric Lombrozo elombrozo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 22:26:31 UTC 2014

Oh, I absolutely agree that this type of attack is NOT the weakest link in security. There are MANY far easier targets in bitcoind and typical use scenarios of it. If we want to dramatically improve the security of a typical bitcoin wallet, the FLUSH+RELOAD attack is probably not where our efforts would be best rewarded trying to prevent.

However, this thread IS about this particular attack vector - and my suggestion IS specific to this thread.

-Eric Lombrozo