[Bitcoin-development] Multisign payment protocol?

Eric Lombrozo elombrozo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 02:48:13 UTC 2014

Ciphrex CoinVault (https://ciphrex.com) is currently using parallel trees with lexicographic sorting of keys.

CoinVault is also using a partially signed transaction format whereby 0-length placeholders are used for missing signatures in the transaction scripts. Once all the required signatures to satisfy the policy are present, the remaining zero-length placeholders are removed so the transaction can be broadcast to the network. These partially signed transactions can be shared with other parties to an account or other signing devices for the purpose of requesting additional signatures.

-Eric