[Bitcoin-development] Multisign payment protocol?

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at bitpay.com
Wed Mar 12 16:57:28 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 12:41 PM, Mike Hearn <mike at plan99.net> wrote:
>> Partially signed and multisig transactions within bitcoind go through
>> the raw transaction API, which does absolutely nothing if the sig
>> pushes the TX to a higher fee level.
>

> Well, we'll have to make sure this is carefully and loudly documented in the
> new developer part of the website that's being worked on. Because this seems
> like a recipe for people writing flaky apps. In practice it would seem like
> you need to implement the fee loop in your own app:

It's the raw transaction API.  If you break something, you get to keep
both pieces.

On a related note, sipa has proposed a more useful raw transaction API
call, that figures out fees, change and other details:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/3794

--
Jeff Garzik
Bitcoin core developer and open source evangelist