[Bitcoin-development] moving the default display to mbtc

Drak drak at zikula.org
Thu Mar 13 19:26:42 UTC 2014

I agree with you Jeff. The unit switch needs to happen once and once only,
but that is exactly why I said the defaults really need to change in
Bitcoin-Qt since that is still the main reference implementation and it
will influence others.

Bitpay could also take the lead here and make the switch to their defaults.
That would greatly assist the uBTC movement.

Regardless of what anyone says, Bitcoin-Qt is still the main reference
implementation and the best way to encourage a change in the community at
large is for the default units to be changed here. Core devs can surely
garner enough consensus among themselves to accept and merge a PR to that
effect. That will send a message, more than anything else that can be done.

My two satoshi.

Drak