[Bitcoin-development] Bitcoin for W3C Payments Workshop, March 24-25

Brent Shambaugh brent.shambaugh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 21:23:20 UTC 2014

Hello Bitcoiners,

I have been working on some use cases for the W3C payments workshop. I'd
like to include Bitcoin, but I might not have the time:

Here is what I have:

https://www.w3.org/community/webpayments/wiki/WebPaymentsMobileUseCases

Which is editable with a w3c username and password. Just be a member of the
webpayments community group: http://www.w3.org/community/webpayments/

More formally you can submit a pull request to:

https://github.com/w3c-webmob/payments-use-cases

-------------

Due to discussions with others am attempting to apply the following
template:

Name: name of the solution
Use Cases: Key use cases for the solution
Regions and currencies: Any SDKs or APIs which are available to developers

with the following things to consider (for use cases):
(1) add real money to the service
(2) buy a physical good in the real wold (e.g., a cup of coffee)
(3) pay for physical service (e.g., gym membership)?
(4) convert virtual money back into paper money
(5) transfer money from one person to another (even if the second person is
not signed up for the service)?
(6) buy product online
(7) resolve disputes?
(8) view transactions?
(9) secure the wallet
(10) etc.

Thanks for your time and have a great day!

-Brent Shambaugh