[Bitcoin-development] Payment Protocol for Face-to-face Payments

Alex Kotenko alexykot at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 17:42:26 UTC 2014

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 8:12 AM, Adam Back <adam at cypherspace.org> wrote:
> > Whats a sensible limit on practical/convenient QR code size?
>
> Extremely limited.  Preferably under 100 bytes.  You will see
> increasingly poor operating in varying light conditions, such as
> paying via QR code on a printed receipt in a pub at night.  That was
> one of the motivations for BIP 73.

​Hmm, in this case I think base43 discussion is irrelevant. Even with best
space utilization we can get ​we will not be able to fit in anything bigger
than a smallest unsigned payment certificate. And that is not so useful. So
probably we should stick with BIP73 approach and bluetooth URI scheme we're
inventing.