[Bitcoin-development] Payment Protocol for Face-to-face Payments

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Fri Mar 21 13:07:31 UTC 2014

Maybe so, but given the relatively minor advantages of ECC certs I can see
why a CA might not want to take any risks. They are sitting ducks for
patent trolls.

I think ECC will still happen, though we end up back into NSA fear
territory thanks to the stupid way secp256r1 was defined. *Hopefully* there's
no back door.