[Bitcoin-development] Payment Protocol for Face-to-face Payments

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Fri Mar 21 15:24:24 UTC 2014

SPDY requires SSL and is even more complex than HTTP.

Really, the current protocol we've got (length prefixed protobufs) is just
fine except for the lack of encryption/authentication. For that you need to
do ECDH to establish a shared AES session key, and MAC each packet. Like I
said, it's not entirely trivial which is why it's worth trying SSL too, but
it's also not a massive effort.