[Bitcoin-development] Tree-chains preliminary summary

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Tue Mar 25 21:41:17 UTC 2014

Peter,

I think you and I both know there is WAAYY to much MONEY to be taken
from naive end-users by the companies that employ people who call
your concerns FUD.

And for everyone else, I want to apologize in advance for anything
I might happen to say that might be abrasive, arrogant, angry, or
'in need of moderation'. So for those who do not wish to hear or
read such things, delete my message now.

===================
disclaimer: strong language follows
===================

What the fuck Groupthink?
committee for GROUPTHINKPROFIT?

I'd rather have Peter Todd calling some developers idiots on the
list than some fucking idiots who get paid way to fucking much
calling 'end-users' stupid for believing MtGox. Hell, I was one
of these idiots that fell for a marketing scam by a company that
had a good story.

But here is the damn point. The Excecutive who was whining about
how his devs won't show up should probably consider hiring people
who make VOCAL points on the mailing list. Or maybe he should
consider that his developers might know his business model is
shit and if they DID say something, it would be CLEAR to the
world that only an idiot would use their companies services, and
kill the company.

Would you rather hear of vulnerabilities and scaling limits on
bitcoin-development, or would you rather hear about them by a
chorus of "They got hacked, their code must suck", but AFTER
the fact.

It seems to be an unfortunate fact of life that sleazy people
take a shitload of money from nice people. Moderate Peter and
I into oblivion at your own risk. Wouldn't you rather have us
pointing out obvious flaws than ignoring shit?

... But just remember, your employers probably make more money
by ignoring shit....