[Bitcoin-development] New BIP32 structure

Tamas Blummer tamas at bitsofproof.com
Thu Mar 27 07:09:06 UTC 2014

We had a similar meeting with Andreas Schildbach (Android Bitcoin Wallet), Jan Moller, Andreas  Petersson (Mycelium), Thomas V (Electrum), Tamas Blummer, Tamas Bartfai (Bits of Proof)
at the Inside Bitcoin Conference in Berlin.

I remember that there were different opinions on how to use a hierarchy and it did seem to me they could eventually be "standardized" for the retail customer but definitelly not for corporate use,
where hierarchy will certainly map to organisational hierarchy or cost centres.

A notable suggestion was to instead of building a directory of magic numbers (like 0 for Bitcoin, 1 for Litecoin etc) use a hash of the word "Bitcoin", "Litecoin", "Dogecoin", so collosion is unlikely and
cetral directory is not needed.

Regards,

Tamas Blummer
http://bitsofproof.com