[Bitcoin-development] BIP 70 refund field

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Fri Mar 28 13:00:27 UTC 2014

> What is too abstract in a contact list ? If the payment comes with a tag
> like refund the UI could display as such and if it comes with e.g. VAT then
> that.

How is this any different? The tag in this case is the address and the
payment is being delivered by the block chain (direct submission for
user->merchant is easier than merchant->user) so we can't stuff extra data
anywhere else. Then the UI knows it was a refund payment and not for
anything else.

I don't see the relevance of VAT here.