[Bitcoin-development] New BIP32 structure

slush slush at centrum.cz
Fri Mar 28 14:59:47 UTC 2014

I agree that 'version' field of bip32 is not necessary and xpriv/xpub
should be enough for all cases; there's actually no need to use different
BIP32 roots for different altcoins.

I'm happily using one xpub for Bitcoin/Testnet/Litecoin at once, and by
having the "cointype" distinction in the bip32 path itself, I'm sure that I
don't reuse the same pubkey across blockchains which may be a privacy issue
otherwise.

Marek