[Bitcoin-development] Presenting a BIP for Shamir's Secret Sharing of Bitcoin private keys

Tamas Blummer tamas at bitsofproof.com
Sat Mar 29 18:16:28 UTC 2014

I also think that we can add usability features if the underlying secret remains well protected.
I do not think there is any reason to assume that the knowledge of the degree of the polynomial, would aid an attacker.

Similarly a fingerprint of the secret if it is unrelated to the hash used in the polinomyal should leak no useful information,

The length of such fingerpring (say 4 bytes) and the degree (1 byte) does not seem a big overhead for me.

Remember that the biggest obstacle of Bitcoin is usability not security.

Regards,

Tamas Blummer
http://bitsofproof.com