[Bitcoin-development] Announcing the Statoshi fork

Wladimir laanwj at gmail.com
Thu May 8 11:22:46 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 10:28 PM, Nelson Castillo
> Is SNMP an option? That way you do not need to implement clients and there
> are many tools written.

It's always good to use an existing standard, but I remember SNMP,
even on a client device/application is pretty complex in itself.

And I suppose the registration for custom OIDs and such is kind of baroque.

I'm not entirely convinced of what the added value in this case would
be. Yes, there are tools for monitoring SNMP, but in my experience
those tools usually support other ways of collecting statistics as
well.

Wladimir