[Bitcoin-development] ECDH in the payment protocol

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Fri May 9 15:34:07 UTC 2014

> Ah, you're still misunderstanding my point: You can get atomicity in the
> worst-case where the communications medium fails *and* stealth payments
> that use up no extra space in the blockchain. This gives you the best of
> both worlds.

Sounds great! How does a lightweight client identify such transactions
without any markers?

Regardless, there are lots of other useful features that require BIP70 to
work well person to person, like messages, refund addresses, etc. So
extending it with ECDH makes sense in the end anyway no matter what.