[Bitcoin-development] Regtest Address Version Change Proposal

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Tue May 13 11:28:44 UTC 2014

And they can't just do

  NetworkParams.TESTNET = NetworkParams.REGTEST

at the start of a program that is connecting to regtest?

It's not like changing the address code is a huge problem or anything, but
it would disrupt a bunch of people and seems kind of annoying. Surely
there's a simpler way to work around this issue on their side? I mean their
code already has to know what network is *expected*, right, otherwise what
stops you accidentally trying to send coins cross chain?