[Bitcoin-development] statoshi.info is now live

Wladimir laanwj at gmail.com
Tue May 13 11:43:14 UTC 2014

Hello Jameson,

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 7:14 PM, Jameson Lopp <jameson.lopp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since it seems unlikely that we'll be able to ship an integrated stats / monitoring feature in the short term, I went ahead and set up a public Statoshi instance and threw a nicer interface on top of it.
>
> http://statoshi.info

Must say it looks very nice.

One comment about the graphs: in the 'connected peers' chart you
visualize some larger quantities (especially knownAddresses) and some
very small ones (peer.(dis)connect). This makes the latter invisible
due to scale.

Some random stats may be useful as well:

- Number of connected peers that are SPV clients or full nodes (NODE_NETWORK)
- Current block height (so that it's possible to detect stuck nodes)
- Number of transactions in mempool
- Number of transactions in UTXO set
- Maybe some fee statistics,
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/3959 would be useful here
- Number of orphan blocks/orphan transactions

Wladimir