[Bitcoin-development] PSA: Please sign your git commits

Mark Friedenbach mark at monetize.io
Fri May 23 16:38:02 UTC 2014

I know the likelihood of this happening is slim, but if these are the
desired features we should consider switching to monotone (monotone.ca)
which has a much more flexible DAG structure and workflow built around
programmable multi-sig signing of commits. We could still maintain the
github account as a two-way repository interface, but acceptance of a
pull request would require some threshold signature sign-off in monotone.

I would seriously suggest anybody on this list exploring monotone if you
haven't already, at least for your personal projects if it is too late
to make that choice for bitcoin. Besides the benefits of using it, we
should be supporting build infrastructure that enables less trusted,
less centralized development.

http://www.monotone.ca/

Mark