[Bitcoin-development] Running a full node

Daniel F nanotube at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 15:28:16 UTC 2014

> But I'd like to know what storage, RAM  and bandwidth resources are
> needed. I guess that the problem is not the CPU.

Hi Francis,

Here are some rough guidelines for you, based on the statistics from my
node:

disk usage: about 30GB currently for the blockchain data. It'll only
keep growing from here, but relatively slowly.

cpu usage: pretty much nothing, after you have synced the blockchain.

ram usage: after it runs for a few months, my node gets up to using 1.5
GB of ram or so.

bandwidth usage: my node averages about 500GB of traffic per month, most
of it outgoing.

Hope that gives you a rough idea of what you can expect for running full
node.

Best,
Daniel