[Bitcoin-development] Update on mobile 2-factor wallets

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Sat Nov 8 16:37:51 UTC 2014

Yes. I think one of the next things we need is a library that produces nice
and attractive PDFs of "wallet certificates" so it's easy to print out a
paper backup.

But the whole field of secure key escrow needs more research. Banking gives
people the very nice property that you can lose literally everything except
your face and still retain access to your money, so people feel very safe
with that. Matching that experience doesn't seem possible at the moment, so
being your own bank will continue to seem much riskier than just using a
real one.