[Bitcoin-development] BIP draft - Auxiliary Header Format

Tier Nolan tier.nolan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 19:00:48 UTC 2014

I was going to look into creating reference code for this.

The first BIP could be reasonably easy, since it just needs to check for
the presence of the 2 special transactions.

That would mean that it doesn't actually create version 3 blocks at all.

Ideally, I would make it easy for miners to mine version 3 blocks.  I could
add a new field to the getblocktemplate that has the 2 transactions ready
to go.

What do pools actually use for generating blocks.  I assume it's custom
code but that they use (near) standard software for the memory pool?