[Bitcoin-development] BIP72 amendment proposal

Christophe Biocca christophe.biocca at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 15:25:48 UTC 2014

> What hash function would you recommend?

Due to the properties of hash functions, you can just take the first x
bits of a SHA256 sum and they're pretty much as good as an equally
secure hash function of that length. In fact SHA512/224 and SHA512/256
are defined in that way (Plus different initial values because you
might as well do that when defining a standard).