[Bitcoin-development] SPV clients and relaying double spends

Christophe Biocca christophe.biocca at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 03:34:50 UTC 2014

A lot of this discussion has already occured. Some code was even
merged into master, then reverted.

See:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/4550
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/4570

It would probably be a good idea to start from that code, as it
addresses many of the possible pitfalls you've been discussing.