[Bitcoin-development] Request For Discussion / BIP number - Multi-Currency Hierarchy For Use In Multisignature Deterministic Wallets

Kefkius kefkius at maza.club
Thu Apr 9 20:16:41 UTC 2015

William,

I've amended the proposal's "Motivation" section slightly for
clarification. I'm not sure how a "cosigner_index" branch would benefit
this proposal. Granted, I don't fully understand the benefits of the
"cosigner_index" branch in BIP-0045. From what I understand, the
"wallet" branch of my proposal seems to accomplish a similar goal.

Jona,

Your explanation is correct. As for this being appropriate as a BIP, I
agree that it's an arguable point to say it improves Bitcoin. However,
this proposal exists because of BIP-0044, which also describes a
multi-currency hierarchy. For that reason, I think this is an
appropriate proposal.

Thank you both for your feedback.