[Bitcoin-development] 75%/95% threshold for transaction versions

Oleg Andreev oleganza at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 10:17:27 UTC 2015

> On 27 Apr 2015, at 21:21, Peter Todd <pete at petertodd.org> wrote:
>
> Even right now there are edge cases without
> good solutions, like how in a multisig environment any of the key
> holders can mutate transactions.

Can't we add requirement for RFC6979 signatures to mitigate this? Of course, multiple signers can still mutate transaction by choosing a different set (but not the order, thankfully) of signatures. Or when a single signer has multiple participating keys.

In some interesting to me scenarios mutation by signer is not critical: it is mutation by non-signers that creates a problem. Do you know of any edge cases when non-signers can mutate transactions which are not covered by BIP62? What would be a more robust approach than "whack-a-mole" to work around mutability? (Normalized tx ids?)