[bitcoin-dev] A reason we can all agree on to increase block size

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Mon Aug 3 06:34:02 UTC 2015

If block-sizes are increased in a way detrimental to the Chinese miners, it
is not the Chinese miners that lose, it is all of the non-Chinese miners -
this is because the Chinese miners have the slight majority of the
hashrate.  The relatively low external bandwidth connecting China to the
net is actually the problem of the non-Chinese miners problem.  Non Chinese
miners will experience higher orphan rate once Chinese miners cease to
build on top of blocks that are too large to sync in a timely fashion into
China.

Adam

On 2 August 2015 at 23:02, Jim Phillips via bitcoin-dev <