[bitcoin-dev] Block size following technological growth

Gavin Andresen gavinandresen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 16:03:57 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 11:25 AM, Jorge Timón <jtimon at jtimon.cc> wrote:

> 1) If "not now" when will it be a good time to let fees rise above zero?

Fees are already above zero. See
http://gavinandresen.ninja/the-myth-of-not-full-blocks

> 2) When will you consider a size to be too dangerous for centralization?
> In other words, why 20 GB would have been safe but 21 GB wouldn't have
> been (or the respective maximums and respective +1 for each block
> increase proposal)?

http://gavinandresen.ninja/does-more-transactions-necessarily-mean-more-centralized

3) Does this mean that you would be in favor of completely removing
> the consensus rule that limits mining centralization by imposing an
> artificial (like any other consensus rule) block size maximum?

I don't believe that the maximum block size has much at all to do with
mining centralization, so I don't accept the premise of the question.

Gavin Andresen