[bitcoin-dev] If you had a single chance to double the transactions/second Bitcoin allows...

Mark Friedenbach mark at friedenbach.org
Fri Aug 7 21:27:48 UTC 2015

Because halving the block interval comes with costs to SPV proofs (which
double the number of headers) and mining centralization (doubles the
selfish mining effect of latency) for the questionable benefit of a block
expectation time that is still measured in minutes, not seconds.

Doubling the block size is safer than halving the block interval, for the
same effect in aggregate transactions per second.

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 2:18 PM, Sergio Demian Lerner via bitcoin-dev <