[bitcoin-dev] Fwd: Block size following technological growth

Thomas Zander thomas at thomaszander.se
Fri Aug 7 21:43:32 UTC 2015

On Friday 7. August 2015 20.10.48 Pieter Wuille wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2015 7:50 PM, "Gavin Andresen" <gavinandresen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I believe people in the Bitcoin ecosystem will choose different
> > tradeoffs, and I believe that is OK-- people should be free to make those
> > tradeoffs.
>
> I agree. Though I believe that the blockchain itself cannot offer many
> tradeoffs, and by trying to make it scale we hurt the whole system. The
> place to introduce tradeoffs is in layers on top - there you can build
> systems with various levels of trust without hurting others.

Pieter, you either misunderstood or misquoted Gavin here.
The tradeoffs Gavin talks about are about trusting your own node or using a
centralized system (as the two extremes in a spectrum).

Your answer talks about something completely different. Not sure how your
answer fits in this conversation, although, you do seem to use these
misunderstandings often to push your own position in a way that to the naive
reader it sounds like others agree with you.  Please try to be more concise
and on-topic.

--
Thomas Zander