[bitcoin-dev] What Lightning Is

Thomas Zander thomas at thomaszander.se
Mon Aug 10 08:27:49 UTC 2015

On Sunday 9. August 2015 23.51.50 Btc Drak via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> I thought it's worth mentioning there is a specific Lightning Network
> development mailing list at
> http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/lightning-dev and already
> some pretty interesting explanations in the archives.

While that is interesting, and I'll surely check it out, I think this list
should get a good idea of what the limitations are.

Where does it NOT make sense to use LN, where would it be better to put the
transaction directly on the blockchain?

This is what I'd like to know.

Gavins usecase is useful, I'm also wondering about remittances and allowing
international payments and global economy (company in Nairobi buys stock from
company in Spain).
--
Thomas Zander