[bitcoin-dev] Fees and the block-finding process

Jorge Timón jtimon at jtimon.cc
Mon Aug 10 14:55:40 UTC 2015

On Aug 10, 2015 4:12 PM, "Gavin Andresen" <gavinandresen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 1:33 PM, Jorge Timón <jtimon at jtimon.cc> wrote:
>>

>> On Aug 7, 2015 5:55 PM, "Gavin Andresen" <gavinandresen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Executive summary: when networks get over-saturated, they become
unreliable.  Unreliable is bad.

> Unreliable and expensive is extra bad, and that's where we're headed
without an increase to the max block size.

I'm not trying to be obstinate but I seriously can't see how they are
different.
When you say unreliable I think you mean "unreliable for cheap fee
transactions". Transactions with the highest fees will always confirm
reliably. For example, a 1 btc fee tx will probably always confirm very
reliably even if capacity never increases and demands increases a lot.