[bitcoin-dev] trust

Milly Bitcoin milly at bitcoins.info
Mon Aug 10 20:43:48 UTC 2015

> I think the point "you don't need to trust anyone to use Bitcoin" remains.

I don't think that is a true statement.  Users need to trust the mining
system is working as intended.  Users also need to trust the developers
to a certain extent.  It is about levels of trust and how much you need
to trust these things.  When someone says something is "trustless" or
"decentralized" they are really saying that it reaches some sort of
"acceptable" level in their mind to "brand" it that way.

Russ