[bitcoin-dev] Future Of Bitcoin-Cores Wallet

Sriram Karra karra.etc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 11:21:31 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 4:33 PM, Mike Hearn via bitcoin-dev <

> Hey Jonas,
>
> I think your analysis of what (some) users need is a good one.
>
> We've discussed this before so I know you prefer your current approach,
> but I personally would take a slightly different path to reach the same end:
>
>    1. Support serving of SPV wallets from pruned storage. This means some
>    protocol upgrades, BIPs, etc. It helps all SPV wallets, including on phones.
>    2. Then make a bitcoinj based desktop wallet app, that contains a
>    bundled bitcoind.
>
> It makes a lot of sense to have single set of reference implementations
for the different components. So unless you also support something you have
not explicitly stated - get rid of bitcoin-qt in its current form, the
above does not meet the spirit of Jonas' original post - which makes a load
of sense to me.