[bitcoin-dev] Bitcoin XT 0.11A

Milly Bitcoin milly at bitcoins.info
Sat Aug 15 21:10:40 UTC 2015

> You may be misremembering; nobody has ever disagreed that you can fork a
> source code repository. Perhaps you are thinking instead about the
> concerns regarding "asymmetric" rule incompatibilities?

I am not "misremembering" anything.  Some people have claimed for years
that Bitcoin development is "decentralized" because anyone can fork the
code.  I have often pointed out to them that such a process is not
decentralization similar to the process of Bitcoin mining.  It is
probably closer to checks and balances you see in political systems. The
response is usually that I am "troll" or that I am somehow attacking the
developers by simply describing the system.  The result is that the
issues and risks associated with development are often not properly
evaluated.  It is the same sorts of problems you have when a central
bank or Fed is controlled by a small group.  It is just human nature and
Bitcoin is not immune.

Russ