[bitcoin-dev] Bitcoin XT 0.11A

Ken Friece kfriece at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 22:28:15 UTC 2015

I know full well who works for Blockstream and I know you're not one of
those folks. The Blockstream core devs are very vocal against a reasonable
blocksize increase (17% growth per year in Pieter's BIP is not what I
consider reasonable because it doesn't come close to keeping with
technological increases). I think we can both agree that more on-chain
space means less demand for lightning, and vice versa, which is a blatant
conflict of interest.

I'm also trying to figure out how things like lightning are not competing
directly with miners for fees. More off-chain transactions means less
blockchain demand, which would lower on-chain fees. I'm not sure what is
controversial about that statement.

The lightning network concept is actually a brilliant way to take fees away
from miners without having to make any investment at all in SSH-256 ASIC
mining hardware.