[bitcoin-dev] Bitcoin XT 0.11A

Milly Bitcoin milly at bitcoins.info
Sun Aug 16 00:06:44 UTC 2015

> Baseless accusations also have no place on this mailing list. They are
> unprofessional, and poisonous to the consensus-building process we all
> seek to engage in.

I didn't see any baseless accusations in the message.  I saw a
discussion of possible conflicts of interest.  Your reply seems to
indicate that somehow conflicts of interest don't exist with the
developers or that the developers are somehow above everyone else.  The
fact is the developers on this list discuss conflicts of interest all
the time as it relates to things like mining.  Conflicts of interest are
going to be a regular part of Bitcoin development so you should start
getting used it because it is only going to increase as the value increases.

It is your messages attacking people who raise legitimate issues that is
poisonous.  It tries to prevent discussions of the risks associated with
the code development.  It creates an atmosphere where people are
blackballed if they discuss these issues.  This is what happens in
religions all the time and it is time to start treating Bitcoin like the
technology that it is rather than some cult religion.

For all I know is that a hard fork controversy is going to cause the
price to drop temporarily so for all I know this is a scheme to buy some
cheap coins just like when hackers used to attack exchanges and
bitcointalk at the same time to get the price to drop.  (I don't think
it is a scheme to do that but such a scheme is certainly possible in the
future and things like that should be expected to happen).

Russ