[bitcoin-dev] Bitcoin XT 0.11A

Andrew LeCody andrewlecody at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 18:37:34 UTC 2015

> PS: I consider this attempt at takeover about as foul as it gets. The
equivalent of repeating a referendum until a yes is obtained: the
reasonable reaction to this is actively blocking said "referendum". There
was a fair play alternative which is voting through coinbase scriptSig like
plain 8MBers are doing, or like BIP 100 proposes for dynamic adjustment.
Once a majority is obtained in this way, devs have to react or if they
don't then this sort of foul play would be justified. But this wasn't the
case.

I fail to see how voting with version numbers is different than voting with
coinbase scriptSig. Other than the fact that the voting XT is doing is
formally defined instead of ad-hoc.

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 5:40 PM muyuubyou via bitcoin-dev <