[bitcoin-dev] BIP [104]: Replace Transaction Fees with Data, Discussion Draft 0.2.9

Angel Leon gubatron at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 16:52:03 UTC 2015

>"By increasing the size of blocks, transaction fees may not be available
to supplement mining revenue and so those who do not have access to cheap
or free power to mine;"

why?
wouldn't a bigger block size actually allow for more transactions per
block, therefore more fees to be collected, and the cost spread out among
many more users (thus still keeping tx fees low). If anything, wouldn't
bigger blocksizes are needed to suplement the losses of coinbase rewards
being halfed.

http://twitter.com/gubatron

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 12:39 PM, Ahmed Zsales via bitcoin-dev <