[bitcoin-dev] Bitcoin is an experiment. Why don't we have an experimental hardfork?

Micha Bailey michabailey at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 11:57:11 UTC 2015

A smaller block size would make this a soft fork, as unupgraded nodes would
consider the new blocks valid. It would only make things that were allowed
forbidden, which is the definition of a soft fork. For a hard fork, you
need to allow something that was previously invalid.

On Tuesday, August 18, 2015, jl2012 via bitcoin-dev <