[bitcoin-dev] A solution to increase the incentive of running a node

Hector Chu hectorchu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 12:15:48 UTC 2015

On 19 August 2015 at 13:08, Jameson Lopp <jameson.lopp at gmail.com> wrote:
> If operating as an SPV node then it can check the transactions by querying
> other nodes.

SPV is for checking validity of transactions that have already entered
the blockchain, as I understand it. My proposal requires nodes to
validate transactions that are unconfirmed, and to commit to the
validation by doing a POW on it.

> On an unrelated note, it sounds like your proposal will significantly
> increase the data size of every transaction, which will create even more
> contention for block space.

If we stipulate that the coinbase fields only hold space for a single
pubkey, then the entire block header including the two coinbases
should only take an extra 100 bytes or so. Transactions are already
routinely 250 bytes+. So an increase of roughly 33%.