[bitcoin-dev] CLTV/CSV/etc. deployment considerations due to XT/Not-BitcoinXT miners

Btc Drak btcdrak at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 13:15:18 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Jorge Timón <jtimon at jtimon.cc> wrote:

> I don't think just using version=4 for cltv and friends would be a
> problem if it wasn't for the XT/nonXT issue.

What problem am I missing if we just mask of the offending bits. For my own
project which uses auxpow (and thus has weird nVersion), I also used the
bitmasking method to get rid of auxpow version bits before making the
standard integer comparisons to deploy BIP66 using IsSuperMajority():

    if ((block.nVersion & 0xff) >= 4 && CBlockIndex::IsSuperMajority(...))
{ //...}