[bitcoin-dev] CLTV/CSV/etc. deployment considerations due to XT/Not-BitcoinXT miners

Mark Friedenbach mark at friedenbach.org
Wed Aug 19 16:32:49 UTC 2015

I think you misunderstand my suggestion Tier. I am suggesting the same as
BtcDrak, I think:

Modify IsSuperMajority to take an (optional) mask field. Bits set in that
mask are zero'd for the purpose of the IsSuperMajority calculation. For
this vote we mask bits 0x20000007.

Thus to signal support for CLTV/CSV/etc. (on Core, XT, or not-XT), you set
bit 4. On Core this would mean a minimum version of 0x8, on XT/not-XT a
minimum version of 0x20000008.

However the vote is still over whether to enforce BIP 65, 68, etc. for
blocks with nVersion>=4. So when this all clears up we haven't needlessly
wasted an additional bit.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 6:22 AM, Tier Nolan via bitcoin-dev <